Legs4Africa is the charity that gets people walking
We want to make prosthetic leg rehabilitation affordable for everyone living with limb-loss in sub-Saharan Africa. To address the challenges that we face, we need people like you and centres like yours to jump on board.
Recycling good quality prosthetic legs is one of the ways we support limb-fitting centres in Africa. By supplying legs for free, we can offer amputees affordable access to assistive technology and help centres to keep up with high demand.
How To Get More People WalkingWe currently receive, process and ship around 2,000 legs a year from hospitals across the UK, the USA, Canada and France. But in Africa, 1.7 million amputees are still in need of a limb to help them live independent lives. In order to change this clear imbalance, we need people like you, and centres like yours to jump on board. Recycling is easy - just follow a few simple steps, and we’ll do the rest:
2. Remove Sockets & CosmeticsThese are the parts we can not accept and recycle.
3. Separate Foot, Pylon, Adaptors & the KneeThese are the parts that we can accept be reused across our mobility network.
4. Put All Parts in a Rigid BoxThe max length of any side must not exceed 22KG's
5. Let Us Know You’ve Got a Box ReadyAnd we will arrange for it to be collected at a time that suits you.
6. Parts Will Then be Processed & ShippedTo a trusted network of limb fitting centres across sub-Saharan Africa
Legs4Africa has provided us with a convenient, ethical and eco-friendly way to recycle our used prosthetic components. We store any items that still have economic value — Legs4Africa do the rest!
— Bex Yearworth