Sharing experiences and building strong networks
Bringing people together who are connected by first hand experience of a common issue, circumstance or have a shared interest encourages personal and community networks to expand. By having a place to share experiences, discuss business ideas or discover mutual interests helps people to grow in confidence, feel an increase in happiness post-amputation and boost their overall well-being.
What are the benefits?
- Empower people to solve their own problems
- Improved social life and sense of belonging
- Reducing stress and worry
- Talking openly and honestly about your feelings
- Improving skills to cope with challenges
- Staying motivated to manage the physical aspects of being an amputee
- Improve understanding of their circumstance
- Learning about health, economic or social resources
- Members with act as inspiration and role models for one-another
- Knowledge is power so the more people know about being an amputee the more control they have over their situation.