The International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics has published guidance for clinics that must remain open during the pandemic. Below please find links to advice and resources listed in the document:
- World Health Organisation (WHO) transmission advice: https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/modes-of-transmission-of-virus-causing-covid-19-implications-for-ipc-precaution-recommendations
- WHO Standard Precautions: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/documents/health-topics/standard-precautions-in-health-care.pdf?sfvrsn=7c453df0_2
- CDC Transmission-Based Precautions: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/basics/transmission-based-precautions.html
- Handwashing Guide: https://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/
- Guide to when and how to use masks: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks
- Sequence for putting on personal protective equipment: https://www.cdc.gov/hai/pdfs/ppe/ppe-sequence.pdf
- List of suggested disinfectants: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2
- How to make hand sanitiser: https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-make-hand-sanitizer#how-to-make
- An introductory video about COVID-19 with recommendations for persons with disabilities (in Spanish with English subtitles) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGWjEu6OWwc
Please take this advice on board in addition to the local and regional advice from your respective governments.
We appreciate the extra strain that all healthcare providers are under and hope the above is useful in dealing with the situation safely, but please reach out across this network if you are in need of any more information or resources.
Stay safe and stay in touch!