Volunteer with Legs4Africa
Join us and become part of a fun and creative team. Develop your skill set, have some great experiences and, most importantly, change lives in the developing world.
Please send us a message introducing yourself and give us an idea of how you think you’ll be able to help.
Volunteers that have driven to The Gambia
Volunteers loading mobility equipment
Collecting prosthetic legs
CURRENT VACANCY - Office Volunteer, Bristol, 1 day a week
Legs4Africa are looking for a fun, creative and sociable volunteer to work with us in our new Bristol office 1 day a week! We have recently moved into the Estate of the Arts complex in Ashton, South Bristol and are looking for a new team member to support us!
We are a unique charity that, in short, collects and then ships prosthetic legs to partner hospitals in Africa, so they can be fitted to some of the most disadvantaged amputees in the world.
As we are such a small team the volunteer would be involved in a wide range of areas and tasks. These may include:
- Researching trusts and foundations, and writing grant applications
- Running our Instagram account
- Looking after, thanking and updating donors on project progress
- Data entry related our amputee rehabilitation project in The Gambia
- Community Fundraising and networking
- Stock control and hands-on practical work in our prosthetics storage centre
- Campaign design and support
Ideally we would like someone who could come in on either of Wednesday or a Thursday but there could be some flexibility.
If you think this position sounds like it could be the one for you, please email email@example.com with your CV and a brief statement summarising why you want to be involved with Legs4Africa and what you could bring to the role.