Legs4Africa is a UK based non-profit organisation which through supplying mobility centres with prosthesis components, collaboratively developing peer-support services and community groups, improves access to emotional and physical rehabilitation, and prosthesis for amputees in eight countries across sub-Saharan Africa.
After working in Gambia for more than ten years with some great partners, Legs4Africa is looking for a Branch Coordinator to support the formalisation of our service delivery in Gambia.
You’ll be working with our teams and partners already providing services, to coordinate financial processes, project processes and human resources, and acting as a contact point in Gambia for Legs4Africa.
As we are a small organisation the role will be varied and have a lot of scope for change and development as processes evolve.
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve got experience setting up financial processes, project management and human resources, enjoy working in a team and have an eye for detail.
Outcomes of Branch Coordinator Role
- Setting up of finance, HR and project processes in collaboration with UK, Gambian teams as well as local stakeholders and partners.
- Developing local presence in Gambia in collaboration with existing teams.
- Increasing awareness and accountability of Legs4Africa in Gambia to staff, stakeholders and those we support in collaboration with existing teams.
Responsibilities for Branch Coordinator Role
- Coordinating the organisation of local financial services and processes
- Working with finance team on spending reconciliations
- Checking and approving expenses with the finance team.
- Working with local partners to provide administrative services such as contracts, pensions, payroll and accounts.
- Supporting local staff, supporters and stakeholders in some project activities e.g. organising project meetings.
- Providing reports for local and UK audiences on finances and project activities
- Networking and raising awareness of Legs4Africa in collaboration with teams and partners
- Coordinating payments and procurement of local services e.g. phone contracts
- A focal point for local enquiries
Skills and Competencies for Branch Coordinator
Do you match some of the below?
- Motivated, proactive, detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Demonstrable experience organising financial and HR processes and reporting
- Professional experience collaborating with stakeholders and colleagues from various backgrounds
- Digital administrative skills including using use Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite
- Degree, equivalent professional qualification or substantial relevant work experience relevant to role
- Fluent in English
- A Gambian national or you have the right to work
Beneficial (but not essential) Skills and Competencies for Branch Coordinator
- Experience working in disability or international development.
- Experience working remotely
- Knowledge of financial software such as Quickbooks, Xero and project management tools.
- Experience engaging in procurement processes
- Knowledge of Gambian local languages
If you are interested in applying for the role, please submit an up to date CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday 24th May at 11.59pm.