Recycling Prosthetic Legs
Welcome to the knowledge base for helping your group recycle prosthetic legs from Limb Fitting Centres and other sources.
Legs4Africa + Men’s Shed
Men’s Shed play a hugely important role in the process of recycling of prosthetic legs. Together, Legs4Africa and Men’s Sheds are getting thousands of people in Africa walking again.
If you have any unanswered questions please email us at email@example.com.
How to dismantle prosthetic legs
How to pack the box
When you’ve got enough components to pack a box, it’s time to start making preparations. To make the logistics as straight forward as possible we use a fixed dimension cardboard box and packing list, which should weight in at 35KG’s which is the courier weight limit.
Box Dimensions (double thickness)
595L x 445W x 440H
Packing list (approximate)
- 20 feet
- 7 knees
- 10 connectors
- 12 socket adaptors
- 3 suspension sleeves
- 2 compression socks
- 20 socks
- 4 leather straps
- 4 gel liners
This is a guide packing list – yours may not be exactly the same.
- Inform us when you need new boxes or equipment so we can order it for you.
- Pack boxes with components (following videos below)
- Fill out this form so the components are logged.
- You will receive an email with packing list PDF – print and secure to box (instantly)
- You will receive another email with shipping label (within 48 hours)
- The box will be collected by DHL
Join The Community
We would like to invite all Shedders to join our active ‘Break a Leg’ Facebook Group. Here feel free to share photos, tips and and any other ideas that will help us recycle more legs together.