Deadline: 31st May 2023
Legs4Africa is looking to recruit a fundraising trustee to play a crucial role in helping us to achieve our mission of providing prosthetic legs and support to amputees in sub-Saharan Africa
We are a non-profit organisation based in Bristol, UK, that has experienced significant growth since our inception in 2014, when we sourced a single leg for one person in The Gambia. Today, we ship thousands of legs per year, improve mobility centres, and provide support to amputees through peer counselling and inclusion in community groups. As we continue to expand our reach, we are seeking a new Trustee with a fundraising background to join our Board, which is composed of five dedicated individuals who meet monthly online, and occasionally in person.
Legs4Africa has seven talented staff members in the UK, seven in Gambia, and six in Ghana. We also have close partnerships and deliver projects in Uganda, Benin, Tanzania, Kenya, Liberia, and Rwanda. As a fundraising trustee, you will play a crucial role in helping us achieve our mission of providing prosthetic legs and support to amputees in sub-Saharan Africa.
If you have a background in fundraising, communications or international relations, then please apply. Previous experience as a trustee or board member is desirable but not essential. Even if you have not been a trustee before, but you have a passion for fundraising and a desire to use your skills to make a positive impact, we would love to hear from you.
As a fundraising trustee, you will work collaboratively with other trustees and senior management to develop and implement fundraising strategies to support Legs4Africa’s work. You will help to ensure that we operate within our legal and regulatory requirements and attend and actively participate in board meetings, committees, and other events as required.
If you’re looking for the satisfaction, enjoyment, and creativity of being part of our team, please get in touch. And if you know someone who might be interested in this role, please pass this advert along. We look forward to hearing from you.
In addition to the general responsibilities of a trustee, which can be found here, the duties of the fundraising trustee include the following.
- Work collaboratively with other trustees and senior management to develop and implement strategic plans for the organisation.
- Provide guidance and support to the fundraising manager, where the specific nature of the support will be decided later on a mutual basis. This may include, but is not limited to, acting as a mentor, offering advice on campaigns and applying prior experience to any challenges.
- Assist in developing and implementing communication-driven fundraising strategies to promote the organisation and its work.
- Attend and actively participate in monthly virtual board meetings and quarterly in-person meetings in Bristol (if possible).
- Previous experience as a trustee or board member is desirable.
- Good knowledge and understanding of fundraising.
- An understanding of the non-profit sector and the challenges it faces.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Commitment to the organisation’s mission and values.
Legs4Africa is committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity, and we encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. Particularly those from a sub-Saharan African background.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role to email@example.com by the 31st of May 2023. We look forward to hearing from you.