Legs4Africa is the charity that gets people walking again in Africa. Through recycling prosthetic leg parts that would otherwise end up in landfill and setting up amputee-led support groups we help to get thousands of people a year back on their feet in Africa.
We are one of the only charities in the world doing this vital work and since 2014 we have sent enough parts to build or repair over 6,000 legs for people that otherwise may never walk again.
We are in the best position we have ever been in financially, and we now work with over 80% of NHS hospitals in the UK. As we continue to grow, and look further afield for legs we want to improve, increase and develop our board of trustees.
We are looking for a trustee to play a vital role in providing leadership, scrutiny and support to our staff – ensuring the smooth delivery of our objectives and ensuring that even more amputees are given the ultimate leg-up in Africa.
Ideally the candidate would:
- Be based in or near Bristol
- Be friendly and passionate about Legs4Africa
- Have experience working within the charity sector – either in a voluntary or paid capacity
- Have experience with either: Establishing and maintaining corporate-charity relationships; Knowledge of International Development in Africa; or Expertise in manufacturing and fitting prosthetics legs.
- The trustee must attend bi-annual Trustee meetings, ideally in person, but via skype is also an option
- The trustee must be open to supporting the organisation for roughly 1 day per month
If you would be interested in joining our little team please send a short email outlining why you could be the person for the board to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: September 14th 2019